Wonton Soup Recipe
There's something about Wonton Soup that makes us all feel warm and fuzzy and that's exactly what we need right about now! With lockdown just extended, you may be struggling to find some of your favourite foods, but here is one recipe that will satisfy those cravings!
Shop all the ingredients below from Unity Asian Supermarket! They currently stock a large range of frozen dumplings and wontons including pork, vegetable, prawn and leek.
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
500g Frozen Dumplings of your choice
1L Chicken Stock
2 Cups (500ml) Water
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 Garlic Cloves
20g Ginger, peeled and chopped finely
2 Star Anise
1 Bunch of Baby Bok Choy
Spring Onions to garnish
1. Add stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, star anise and water to a pot. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the dumplings and cook for 2 minutes until golden underneath.
3. Transfer the dumplings into the stock and cook for the recommended time of your frozen dumplings.
4. Add Baby Bok Choy when dumplings have 5 minutes remaining to cook. To test if Buk Choy is ready, test with a knife to ensure base of the Bok Choy is slightly tender.
5. Remove the cinnamon sticks and star anise from the soup.
6. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with chili oil and spring onions if you choose.