This is a pleasing first step that will see all retail and hospitality venues able to open for face to face service and we are looking forward to welcoming each of you and our wider community back. Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, including public transport, front-of-house hospitality, retail and business premises, on planes and at airports. Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
Under the NSW roadmap, these freedoms will apply only to fully vaccinated adults (16+) and those with medical exemptions (staff and patrons). Those who are not fully vaccinated will continue to be able to access critical retail and takeaway hospitality.
From Monday 11 October, you’ll see the following businesses reopen at Harbourside as restrictions are eased across New South Wales.
• Hospitality venues (including restaurants and cafes) can reopen to provide dine-in service, with standing while drinking permitted outside and a booking cap of 20 people per booking in place.
• All previously closed non-essential retail (unvaccinated people will continue to only be able to access critical retail).
• Personal services such as hairdressers, nail salons and massage.
• Indoor entertainment and information facilities including cinemas and bowling.
While many of our retailers are now permitted to trade, some may have chosen to temporarily reduce or otherwise change their trading hours as we begin the transition to reopening. We encourage you to contact individual retailers for their trading hours and to confirm access and service availability
As always please:
✔️ Wear a mask
✔️ Check in via QR Code at each entry to Centre and store
✔️ Sanitise hands
✔️ Socially distance
✔️ Be Kind and look out for one another
MANUAL CHECK IN
Harbourside has made manual check in available for customers who do not have the capability to do so themselves on a smart phone.
You can check in at one of our i-Pad stands or at the following locations:
• Level 1 at the Info Desk
• Level 1 in the Food Court
If you require assistance please contact our security team on 0424 195 841.
To manually check in to individual stores, please contact the store directly on the best way to do so.
Physical distancing when in our centres
We recognise the critical importance of physical distancing. To help our community maintain physical distancing while in our centres we have installed additional signage, are working with our retailers to provide appropriate space for customer queues and have implemented signage at gathering points, including at our vertical transport locations, entry/exits and car parks, for guidance around effective social distancing in these areas.
Each retailer also has signage to support this by communicating how many patrons they can accommodate in their space, given any current restrictions. We ask that you assist by always following all signage and directions when shopping in centre and being mindful of others around you.
Safety and Preventative Measures at Mirvac Retail Centres
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retail partners, employees and our community is our highest mission.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep our community safe, we implemented significant precautionary cleaning, hygiene and sanitising practices at the onset of the pandemic.
In addition to our existing rigorous cleaning and sanitising practices, we are taking additional measures which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, lift controls, food courts, and amenities.
- Dettol gel sanitisation at convenient locations including entrances and exits.
- Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures throughout the centre.
- Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Queuing and crowd management in our food courts during busy times
- Increased staff presence with blue COVIDSafe vests worn by staff to easily allow you to find help or assistance
- Increased hand sanitiser stations at car park pay stations and antibacterial and microbial silver-ionised safety film on all ticket machines and pay stations
- Introducing a contactless customer experience service and our Customer Support Centre which is contactable via phone, email, social media or SMS for extended hours every day of the week.
We also continue to ensure we follow the latest advice and regulations from the Australian and State Governments as the situation unfolds.